Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rocket Science (DVD HBO 071)

I remember when the film “Rocket Science” came out. I remember because I stole a poster off of the wall of the HUB and then promptly lost it. I didn’t know anything about it I just liked the poster. Then as I was checking in items one day I came across the film and decided that in order to justify my stealing of the poster (it was really nice card board and everything) I should at least watch the film. So I did. Come to find out that the poster I stole was not that of the film “Rocket Science” and my remembering of when it came out was 2 years too early. Ignoring this fact after watching the film I felt better about both the stealing of the poster and my crappy High School Speech and Debate career. The film is about a kid, Hal, who has a bad stutter and is recruited by, Ginny, whom he has a monster crush on, to be her debate partner. Wonderful awkward High School drama ensues, including but not limited to: an awkward make out scene in a janitor’s closet, an awkward spying, awkward other peoples parents, etc. I would recommend this film to anyone who ever did policy debate, stuttered, or went to high school. You could even make it a High School double feature with the film “Welcome to the Dollhouse” (DVD CTHV 001) which is approximately 2.5 times more awkward than this film.

Reviewed by Anna

No comments: